Whether you’re just getting interested in native plants or have already made a start, the Kalamazoo Area chapter of Wild Ones is ready to welcome you and help you. A variety of membership levels are available.
Members also enjoy:
- New member packet of information
- Free site visit/consultation, to recommend plants for your yard and its unique conditions
- Discounts at our annual community native plant sale
- Participation in our spring and fall plant exchanges each year, a great way to try out and share truly native plants
- Monthly installments of our Chapter’s Seedlings e-newsletter, with interesting articles from the local community and announcements of events from our chapter and other local organizations
- Electronic mailings of the national office Wild Ones Journal, with timely and useful articles
- Interesting and informative indoor presentations on a variety of topics
- Enjoyable and educational field trips to see real-world uses of native plants
- Opportunities to increase your knowledge by volunteering for community projects at schools, parks and natural areas
- Networking and camaraderie with informal advice and encouragement
Join or renew your membership by check (note, this takes longer to process)
NOTE: membership dues are paid through the national office. A portion of your dues are then sent to our local chapter to support local programming.
Site visits – a Wild Ones membership benefit
We will follow guidelines for face masks and distancing
Whether you are a new member or an established member and need some advice on native gardening, need to know what is growing in your yard, need to know how to control invasive plants, or need resources, we are here to help.
We will arrange for a more experienced native gardener to visit your property as a consultant to help you decide on how to use native plants in your landscape. We do not ask members for money; our reward is seeing you succeed in creating beauty and a native habitat in your yard.
To sign up contact Dave Wendling at 269-366-8857 or [email protected]. Please give your name, phone number, and email address and Dave will contact you to arrange a visit.
Follow us through our newsletter and on social media
Support Kalamazoo Area Wild Ones